Thursday, April 24, 2008

From the Commissioner - Health Update

Thanks Dave for taking care of this. If you could continue to do it for Week 5 it would be appreciated.

In case anyone was wondering, my surgery has gone pretty well. I had a lamenectomy done to my L3-L5 discs on my spine where they opened me up, cut through the muscle, removed a part of the "wing" to that portion of my spine, and entered the spinal column to clean out the parts causing the inflammation on my nerves...especially the L1 nerve which runs through the hip all the way to the back of the ankles.I have a nice 7 inch incision with 33 staples in my back (it looks like a zipper going down my spine), which if things go as planned should be removed tomorrow. Getting back to full mobility and being able to bend, twist, and lift may take a little more time so I may be out next week as well.

No comments: